Re: Bohemian Waxwing

This is a beautiful photo of a beautiful bird.

Now I'm thinking it might have been Bohemian rather than Cedar Waxwings
that have crashed into our windows periodically. For a couple of years,
every November (or therabouts) we went through a week where these lovely
(but misguided) birds would crash into our window and some of them died.
We put up tin foil, napkins, even paper cut outs of branches to get them
to stop. I don't know why they did this. All I can think of is that they
got intoxicated some how. Fortunately it hasn't happened for the last
three or so years. Maybe the fact that we have a lot more feeders hanging
just outside the windows in question helps--the birds focus on the
feeders and slow down rather than think that the reflected trees indicate
free flight.
Linda