Blue Jay In Holladay

Hi Folks -

A Blue Jay showed up in my yard this morning.  What a beauty!  He worked for about 30 minutes depleting the peanut supply and I haven't seen him since.

All three Blue Jay sightings in Salt Lake County this year (that I am aware of) have been roughly on the same east street - 2100 to 2300.  The south streets have been 6000, 4800 and 3000.  Interesting - maybe it means something and maybe it doesn't.

I believe another factor in the Blue Jay showing up is the HUGE water feature that my neighbor across the fence has added.  Although our small condo back yard has produced nearly 40 species in the two years we've been here, I'm sure the neighbor's water feature will greatly increase our count.  I'll be sure to sound the alarm when a Roseate Spoonbill comes in!

Pomera