B. Waxwings info

The Bohemian Waxwings were flying about between mile markers 10 and 14 on the Mirror Lake Highway.  The highway numbering begins at Kamas, and from there it's only about a fifteen minute drive to the birds.  There is little or no snow in this area, either on or off the road, so any vehicle will do.  We didn't go much further up the highway, but Lu Giddings indicated that snow appeared around mile marker 21.
It was difficult to identify the waxwings as Bohemian, because they always seemed to be flying away from us to parts unknown, but eventually they passed over a few times where we had nice views from below and could see the rust undertails.  Be patient -- it took us almost 2 hours to positively identify them.  By the way, we saw no Cedars, only Bohemian.

Joel Beyer