From: Roostertael@aol.com
To: cllslp@msn.com, birdtalk@utahbirds.org
Subject: Re: [BirdTalk] Stop BushPollution and save our environment!
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:26:27 EST
Cliff and all,
This is not the place for political vendettas. We are all smart enough to
understand the impact of oil/gas exploration on the environment. Since we cannot
use nuclear power because of environmental concerns, and coal certainly adds
to air pollution, what choice do we have. I do not care how many laws are
enacted to protect the environment, until we curb the population growth we are
going to have to live with changes. Just drive up to Parley's Summit and look at
that area. I am certain that the population growth in the future will change
all existing laws. What is protected today will be sacrificed at some point when
the population requires it.
More immediate concern is the fact that the Arab world does not like us. bin
Laden has threatened to devastate our economy. How? Well, maybe by a tight oil
embargo. If you were around in the early 70's you will know what I mean. I am
sure at that point you will say that Bush should have known this would happen
and should have done something about it. Perhaps Kerry would have been a
better president. I cannot argue that, but he isn't.
Maybe we can make sure that any exploration is done with the least impact on
the environment. They clean up strip mines in the East and are supposed to
return them better than before. Does this work, I don't know. I am sure I will
get a lot of answers and other viewpoints, but I will not post anything except
bird info from now on. I hope others will do the same. Now I need to get to
work so I can go birding in the morning.
Jack
_______________________________________________ "Utah Birds" web site: http://www.utahbirds.org BirdTalk: To subscribe, e-mail: birdtalk-subscribe@utahbirds.org To unsubscribe, e-mail: birdtalk-unsubscribe@utahbirds.org To send a message, e-mail: birdtalk@utahbirds.org _________________________________________________