Re: Stop BushPollution and save our environment!

An individual (to remain anonymous) emailed me off list and asked me to keep politics out of the Bird Talk forum, and just post what birds I have seen, after I had posted a petition site to ask for peoples help in sending a letter to the Chief of the US Forest Service, in regards to the Bush administrations attempt to overturn the roadless rule policy that protects 58 million acres of intact forest lands.

I truly believe that the environment has everything to do with the birds that we all enjoy so much.
When we have an administration in power that is doing everything in their power to open forests, refuges, shorelines, wetlands etc. for continued resource exploitation, that puts critical habitats for migratory, endangered and threatened species of birds in danger, I feel it is very important to inform the public of such practices and to request people that care about the environment to sign petitions, send letters to congresspeople, Senators, etc.
If you feel that this is not important, please delete my emails.
I would hope that others would like to give the opportunity to future generations to see a Long-tailed Duck, Bald Eagle, Northern Spotted OwL, California Condor, Grasshopper Sparrow, Marbled Murrelet, Pileated Woodpecker, Peregrine Falcon, Piping Plover, Snowy Plover, Whooping Cranes, or any other bird that is being threatened from the loss of habitat and suitable nesting grounds.
Below is a link to the US Fish and Wildlife Division of Endangered, Threatened or believed to be extinct birds of North America:
http://ecos.fws.gov/tess_public/TESSWebpageVipListed?code=V&listings=0#B

Also, if you look at the number and species of plants and animals that are threatened, you will be able to see how all these species of life depend upon each other.

Our remnants of wilderness will yield bigger values to the nation's character and health than they will to its pocketbook, and to destroy them will be to admit that the latter are the only values that interest us.
- Aldo Leopold 1925

Peace,
Stephen Peterson
_______________________________________________ "Utah Birds" web site: http://www.utahbirds.org BirdTalk: To subscribe, e-mail: birdtalk-subscribe@utahbirds.org To unsubscribe, e-mail: birdtalk-unsubscribe@utahbirds.org To send a message, e-mail: birdtalk@utahbirds.org _________________________________________________