Loons, Eagles and Sun Dogs

We visited the various reservoirs Sunday--Rockport, Echo and Lost Creek,
etc.  We saw the SURF SCOTERS, COMMON MERGANSERS and PACIFIC LOONS at
Rockport.

At the Hennefer lagoons (very small, green-tinged "reservoirs") we saw
GADWALLs, RING-NECKED DUCKS, AMERICAN WIGEONS and one GREAT BLUE HERON.

On the road up to Lost Creek Reservoir we saw 8 BALD EAGLES and two more
either Golden or immature Bald (flying). At Lost Creek we saw about 10
COMMON MERGANSERS.

After leaving Lost Creek, we saw a really neat weather phenomenon just above
the horizon - a "Sun Dog" or "Mock Sun" that was just as bright as the sun
itself.  I've seen these before but never with that kind of brightness.  It
was fantastic.

Also seen today:

SCRUB JAY
BLACK-CAPPED CHICKADEE