Northern Pygmy Owl

Hi all,

This morning we took a trek with the hope of hiking and birding on the Limber Pine Trail at teh Cache/Rich county line.  We didn't realize that there would be so much snow on the trail.  Needless to say, we didn't walk the trail.  However, we did SEE a Northern Pygmy Owl in a pine tree about 15 feet or so from Rt. 89.  He was sitting with his back to us, sunning himself.  When I tried to scope him, the light caught his eye and he flew to the southwest.   We also saw a bunch of Red-breasted Nuthatches, and a solitary Hairy a little of east of where I saw the NPO.

Good birding,
Richard