fwd: Keep your eyes peeled for Owls

I thought this might be of interest with winter fast approaching.  This fall in
Wisconsin/Minnesota we have had Boreal and Northern Hawk Owls seen on more than
one occasion.  The most recent was a Boreal Owl captured near Stevens Point,
which is in central Wisconsin.  This year it is believed there is a food
shortage in the north (Canada) and several boreal species have made the early
jaunt south in search of food.  Some folks probably remember in March and April
of 1999 there was at least one Boreal Owl located and photographed in Cache
County, and possibly two.  Some people believe these birds may nest in Utah, as
they nest in Wyoming and Colorado.  I would guess this might be the winter to
find a Boreal Owl along the Wasatch front... maybe a Snowy on the Causeway, and
a Great Gray near lets say Deer Valley.  And to make it interesting a Northern
Hawk Owl near Pinedale.  We can only hope huh?

Here is a pic of the Boreal Owl in central Wisconsin compliments of John
Idzikowski:

http://my.execpc.com/CE/5F/idzikoj/owls/boreal.htm

Good Birding

Tim