East Cn Res., PineView Res., AI

Today I got an unexpected day off so I decided to go chase some rare birds. I went to Morgan called the Water treatment facility and they told me all the birds were gone including the GREEN HERON. So  I went to East Canyon Res. where I saw 6 Bald Eagles, 2 Pied-billed Grebes, lots of Western Grebes, Common Mergansers, 8 HOODED MERGANSERS most of them across the street from Taylor Hollow pull out. Lots of Common Loons but no Pacific. The BARROW'S GOLDENEYE was near the resort inlet 1130AM.
From there I went to Pineview Res. Where  I found the RED-NECKED GREBE and The PACIFIC LOONS were just where Kris had described it.  The RNG was oppossite to SR-39 so I drove to the other side to get better pictures wouldn't you know the bird swam to the other side when I got there.  But the light was better so I got a few better shots. The RNG had addopted two Eared Grebes and was following them around at 1PM.  The Two Pacific Loosnwere haging out together.
From there decide to hit Antelope Island.  There were 8 BLACK-BELLIED PLOVERS around mm 4 on the north side along with 4 BONAPART'S GULLS. The Ranch was pretty quiet due to 2 sharpies in a feeding frenze.  But there were two buck deer that were about to get tangled.
On my way home around 4PM I saw my first ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK of the season. I was stuck in traffic in Kaysville saw this raptor on a tree took my binoculars out in traffic and got great looks at it.

With the RNG now I have all Grebes of North America.

Good Birding

Ed

Do you Yahoo!?