Re: initiative #1

If they do divert as Nicky contemplates, then it seems to me to a) show a lack of integrity on their part, and b) means that they need to be held accountable, and held to the intent of the initiative. I do think that there are people in state government who understand the intent of the initiative, and who do want to do what the initiative intends. I think that fear of them doing what you suggest is best addressed by what was once said by (if memory serves me well) President Kennedy, "we have nothing to fear, but fear itself."

Matthew Wallace.

Nicky Davis wrote:

Do you think if initiative 1 passes, the state will really use the funds for the purpose intended (green space hopefully for birds) or will they divert the funds for some other purpose as they did with the iniatiative to save the Zoo?