Midway and Raptor Watch

After visiting the Raptor Watch Saturday morning we birded Midway and up and
over into Big Cottonwood canyon.  We saw and heard lots of Chickadees (both
mountain and black-capped), White-crowned Sparrows, Yellow-rumped Warblers,
Red-breasted Nuthatches and even a Brown Creeper in the Midway cabin areas.
In the meadow and the junction between Big Cottonwood, Midway and Park City
we saw a beautiful Mountain Bluebird sunning on a post.

At the cutoff to Donut Falls in Big Cottonwood we saw an Osprey sitting in a
large evergreen. He would periodically leave his post, fly around the
meadow area and go fishing in the stream. I can't say I've ever seen an
Osprey up that canyon before.

Just below that about a mile we heard some Pine Grosbeaks and subsequently
found two of them playing tag around a large evergreen.

We met some nice people at the Raptor Watch and although we didn't see many
raptors, we had a nice time.  Thanks to all who make events like that
possible.

Carol