Antelope Island--lots of birds!

At the entrance station to Antelope Island about 8:00 a.m. there were lots
of WILSON'S SNIPE along the road and in the immediate field to the north.

On the way to the ranch we saw WILLETS, LARK SPARROWS, BREWER'S SPARROWS,
and a NORTHERN HARRIER. We were treated to a BARN OWL sighting at the ranch
(thanks to Steve Sommerfeld); a SAY'S PHOEBE at the barn; numerous
NASHVILLE WARBLERS, WILLOW FLYCATCHERS, a RUFOUS HUMMINGBIRD (female),
OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHERS and a BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHER at the south fence; a
WESTERN TANAGER (female), WILSON'S WARBLERS, CEDAR WAXWINGS, and
GREEN-TAILED TOWHEES in the trees by the spring.  In the big trees by the
picnic tables we got crinked necks watching a CASSIN'S VIREO hop through
the tree tops. The Sommerfelds also saw a Townend's Warbler in the same
area.

As we were leaving the island there was a HORNED GREBE in the water on the
west side of the first bridge.  On the causeway we noticed 6 LONG-BILLED
CURLEWS and a gazillion phalaropes and eared grebes (who's counting?).

A great day for birding!

Carol