Utah County Birders Field Trip, American Redstart

      This morning a group of about 16 birders left from Provo to start our day at Burrstin Ponds near the town of Mona in Juab County. As we got out of the car we were greeted with a group of beautiful BLUE GROSBEAKS. Soon after Eric Huish hollared to the group that he had an AMERICAN REDSTART at the west end of the corner northeast pond. It was a beautiful bird and for the most part all got great looks. Also along the trail was a NASHVILLE WARBLER. As we walked down to the marsh area we had a SORA that was walking out in the open for an extended period of time so the whole group could see it. Also several other birds there that were marvolous to see.
     Our next stop took us too Goshen Canyon to where the stream crossed the road. The big surprise bird of the day was a CLARK'S NUTCRACKER. He was up above the canyon bottom and was an amazing sight to say the least, there were other birds there as well including CORD. FLYCATCHER, WESTERN WOOD-PEEWEE and a possible BLACK PHOEBE seen by one of the birders, but we were unable to relocate it.
     Next we headed to the LeBarron Lincon Point and Lincoln Beach area to search for shorebirds. The shorebirds were not abundant but we did see some for our efforts. They included MARBLED GODWIT, SEMI-PALMATED PLOVER, BAIRD'S SANDPIPERS, WESTERN SANDPIPERS and others as well. Here the group called it a day, but it was a wonderful half day spent with some great company. Below is a complete list of birds seen. Not every bird was seen by each member of the group, and I may have missed some as well. I have a total of 66 different species of birds. Thanks to all who came along and drove their cars.

KC Childs

___Clark's Grebe
___American White Pelican
___Great Blue Heron