Utah County on Sunday

After we left the group of warbler hunters at River Lane on Sunday (having
seen all those great warblers), Nicky and I went over to Lincoln Point,
where we didn't see much except Cattle Egrets and Sage Thrashers. Then we
went on to LeBarron Point which turned out to be a great place!  We saw a
family of Blue Grosbeaks (4 total), Lazuli Buntings, a Red-tailed Hawk,
Northern Harriers, Savannah Sparrows, and two itty-bitty young Flycatchers
that I thought must be Least because they were so small, but now I think
because of the beak size they might have been Willow Flycatchers.  We'll
post pictures later and you can venture a guess if you'd like.  Just before
Genola in the fruit trees on the left we also spotted a female Western
Tanager. All the fruit trees along that road by the lake are swarming with
birds.

We then headed on over to Mona through Goshen Canyon and then up the
frontage road to Young Family Farm.  There we saw in those huge trees 20
Turkey Vultures bedding down for the night and we were very surprised to
see a total of 19 Swainson's Hawks on the remaining stretch of the road
leading to the freeway onramp at So. Santaquinn. It's a raptor paradise
summer and winter.

Also, early in the morning at Provo Harbor we saw a semipalmated plover.

Carol