Utah Lake State Park

     I ran down this evening to Utah Lake State Park to check out the shorebirds. I spent an hour searching and was unable to find any Stilt Sandpipers. I did however see nine species which included Semipalmated Plover, Baird's Sandpipers, Western and Least Sandpipers, Lesser Yellowlegs and others.
     Next I went to the Provo River Oxbow located near Utah Lake State Park and got fabulous looks at the American Redstart. Also saw Western Wood Pee-Wees and Cord. Flycatcher.
     I am sorry I was unable to attend the field trip this morning. I had to attend a doctors meeting. I would like to Thank Eric for leading it. He told me at River Lane they saw 7 species of warblers, including Nashville and Townsend Warblers. Also a field trip note. If anyone would be intrested in changing next weeks field trip to go to Kauffmans Ranch to look for migrants let me know. I was thinking of changing it.

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?