Re: sick & dying quail

I am not sure if all but I know many birds are susceptible to West Nile Virus. You can report any dead birds you find to Kris Fehlberg, Department of Natural Resources, West Nile Virus Coordinator, 801-538-4767. You will get to a recording that asks for desciptions of the dead birds and for other information. Some birds are showing up which have the virus -- but not a great many yet.

Marvis Collett

Deedee/Dick O'Brien wrote:
In the last week or so 3 California Quail have sat around acting sick and
been found dead either in my yard or my neighbor's yard. The most recent
death was this afternoon, and there's another one sick. We don't have any
poisons out, but I know these quail make a round of the entire neighborhood.
Any ideas? They don't get West Nile, do they? The other ground-feeding birds
(Mourning Doves, House Sparrows) all seem to be fine, though we had a couple
House Finches sick about a month ago. Help!
Deedee