Salt Lake County Birding (Saturday)

I'm sorry about the late posting. Tim Avery and I did some birding around Salt Lake County on Saturday in hopes of at least getting the Salt Lake Co. big day record over 100. We ended up at 101, but I definitely think 120-130 is quite possible this time of year with a little planning. Here's a link to the birds we saw for the day...

http://www.timaverybirding.com/utah.html

Highlights included...

Snowy Plover - 1 - to the west of the road going between Saltair and the marina at the second turnoff
Peregrine Falcon - 1 chasing a Swainson's Hawk just to the south of the Lee Kay Ponds
Black Tern - 1 - at the ponds next to Saltair
Olive-sided Flycatcher - several birds still calling on the Twin Lakes/Lake Solitude Trail
White-breasted Nuthatch - a total of three between Twin Lakes and Lake Solitude
WHITE-WINGED CROSSBILL - several mixed in with a flock of Red Crossbills at the start of the Silver Lake trail

Colby