Re: Mystery Bird

I look forward to more replies.

I certainly understand why people are saying Rock Wren.  I have seen many a Rock Wren in my time, and unless they grow things unusually large in S. Utah, this could not have been one.  Just to confess a little about my mistake, so to speak, is that I did not pay a tremendous amount of attention to them because I thought they were juvenile flickers.  Flickers were abundant in the area, I had never seen a juvenile, so thought it made sense given the size.  Later study proved myself wrong and that is the reason for so few photos.

I really like Carol's explanation.  Should we call it a Rock Thrasher?