Navajo Mountain hermit warbler questions

I am considering a trip to Navajo Mountain to look for the hermit
warblers that have been reported there in previous years. I do not know
if anyone who reads this list has been there since the summer of 2002.
Still, I am interested in first-hand reports of trips that any of you
may have made to this region. I am especially interested in the road
conditions; it's said to be rather rough. I'm also interested in
directions to the road and in where one might secure the requisite
Navajo tribal permit required for the excursion.

Many thanks to any of you who can help,

Lu Giddings