Inured and Orphaned Birds: What (Not) To Do and Rehabilitators

Dear Fellow Birdbrains:

On the heals of Marsha's recent "Hurt Kestrel" post to BirdTalk and Kristin's response with the list of rehabilitators, I was looking over the Tracy Aviary website and found their basic advice for dealing with finds of injured or orphaned birds.  I thought it would be worthwhile to pass that on, get the information into circulation.

Tracy Aviary's "How to Help Injured or Orphaned Birds":  http://www.tracyaviary.org/how_to_help_an_injured_bird.htm

And to repeat from Kristin, the Utah Department of Wildlife Resources' 2004 authorized wildlife rehabilitators: http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/habitat/rehabilitators.html

Best wishes to all as we celebrate our freedom to move about this great land, chasing that rare beautiful bird, adding to our life-list of birds sighted, unfettered by police/military check-points and identification checks.  (Imagine living in Israel, Palestine or Iraq, to name just a few.)

Happy Birding,

Matthew.

[Birdbrain => term of endearment.]