Re: Catbirds and Eastern Kingbird... Paradise

Another good spot for Catbird and Eastern Kingbird is the North Arm Nature Trail on the North end of Pineview Reservoir.  There is a wooden board walk and trail system that meanders through a nice riparian zone that is very birdy too.  It also hosts Fox Sparrow and Yellow-breasted Chat.  Two Osprey nest platforms are just south of this area, both are active.  Earlier, during a Saturday morning Bird Walk, we saw a Calliope Hummingbird (male) acting very territorial.  However, we were unable to find a female or any evidence of nesting.

Regards,

Bill Fenimore