Tax Commission Swainson's Hawks

Hi All

For those of you interested

A few weeks ago I sent an e-mail stating that there was a pair of
Swainson's Hawks building a nest in a tree next to the Tax Commission.
This morning there's a little white head popping up from the nest and
parents are tenderly taking care of their newly hatched baby. so far we
have only seen one head popping up for food.

One parent stays on the nest and the other is out hunting. Several
people here were able to witness one of the parents fly in this morning
with a big juicy rat and left it with the parent attending the next that
parent began stripping of pieces of meat and feeding the young.

This has been very fun and interesting to watch these two from the very
beginning. We have set a scope up in one of the conference rooms that is
at eye level with the nest therefore not disturbing the nesting couple
in any way.

For those interested there is a nice piece of lawn on the west side of
the tax commission where you might observe these birds and not disturb
them

Happy Birding

Steve