Invitation(s) from Bear River Staff

Hi All:  I wanted to share a couple of announcements with all of you...

1)  Bear River Refuge will be providing a FREE guided tour this coming
Saturday, June 12th, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.  Refuge volunteer, De Ann
Lester, will have our 15-passenger van available to take you on
birding/general refuge tour.  If the van fills up, you'll be asked to drive
on your own.  Meet in the parking lot of the new wildlife education center,
which is on the south side of Forest Street (the refuge road) approximately
1/4 mile west of I-15.  Look for our large, white van.  There are TONS of
baby avocets, stilts and other birds on the refuge - and we have good water
levels - it should be a fun tour!

2)  The (temporary) Visitor Information Center is now open on Saturdays
from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and a few weekday afternoons from 12:00 noon
to 4:00 p.m. (specific days to be determined according to volunteer
availability, but probably Wednesday - Thursday - Friday).  The Center is
located along the south side of Forest Street approximately 1/2 mile west
of I-15.  Watch for our large, brown refuge sign.  Please stop in for a
visit!

3)  You are all invited to the ground-breaking/kick-off ceremony for the
new James V. Hansen Wildlife Education Center.  The event will be held on
Saturday, June 26th at 10:00 a.m.  For directions, see #1 above.  The Fish
& Wildlife Service held a pre-construction meeting on June 8th with the
building contractor, sub-contractors, architects, exhibit designers, etc.;
it was a great meeting with lots of enthusiasm and excitement created.
We're looking forward to having the contractors pushing dirt within the
next couple of weeks with completion of the building approximately
December, 2005!

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Betsy Beneke
Outdoor Recreation Planner
Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge
435-723-5887 ext. 16