Re: Bullock's Oriole & Black-chinned Hummer compatibilty

Lana:

Currently, I have a male Bullocks Oriole visiting a Hummer feeder.  A female Bullocks Oriole visits the Oriole feeder adjacent to it.  A Black-chinned male visits the Oriole Feeder next to the Hummer feeder.  Obviously, the birds have not yet read the books

We are also fortunate to have Hummers and Orioles nest in our yard.  Additionally, I place orange halves and grape jelly out for the Orioles.  They enjoy both.  We have watched the Hummers pick fruit flies off the oranges when they are feeding their chicks.

The hummers regularly pick bugs from spiders webs and use the spider webbing in their nest building too.  I place nesting material out for the Orioles too.  Two years ago, I cut up a mop my wife had sitting outside, since I felt sorry for the female Oriole trying to pull strands from it.

Regards,

Bill Fenimore