FW: Bird Sightings

Birdnet Email -- from the website

----Original Message Follows----
It was submitted by mjmitts@aol.com

Subject: Bird Sightings

Email_Address: mjmitts@aol.com

Message: I spent memorial day weekend camping at Topaz Mountain. I was able to add five new birds to my life list: Western Tanager, Grasshopper Sparrow, White Wing Dove, Mockingbird, and Scott's Oriole.
The Scott's Oriole was the most amazing, but the song of the Grasshopper Sparrow was a real treat as well. There were three Oriole males visible at the same time, accompanied by their mates. I have been on the prowl for a Tanager for awhile now, and have glimpsed their yellow bellies form below, but have never been able to see the red on the male. This weekend I got just a quick glimpse of his bright red head, but was finally able to see it! We were in a small cove that was alive with bird activity.