owl nest box

Hi,

I was greeted Monday morning at work (5:00 AM) by a small owl. I did not get a good look, but I am sure it was a Western Screech-Owl. I immediately looked up Eric's design for a nest box and built one. I put it up today, and will watch with great anticipation.

It is a good design and is easy to build. You can make one out of a single 2x12-8. The hard part is getting a piece of wood that does not split when you cut the small pieces for the top and bottom. I trimmed the front and back instead of using a separate 2x10.

If anyone would like one but does not have access to a saw, I will cut and assemble it for you.

Jack Binch