hawk

The Hawk came to our house again tonight at 8 p.m. She walked down our wall surveying the feeders so we got a fairly good look at her before she flew into some tall trees. She sure looked strange walking along with those long legs.  I think she's the Cooper's that nested at E-bay (a few blocks from us) last summer.  We've lost 5 quail, just one male left.  He's been hiding under a pine most of the day. Doesn't even call for his mate anymore. When he went across the street, we ran some seed out to the pine so when he came back he had something to eat.  The Grosbeak, all the Goldfinches and house finches have left the area. The Kingbirds were still bickering down the street. A Red-wing was in a tree whimpering.

What a predator