So. Utah

I jsut got back from birding all over southern Utah. I think that we birded all the same
places as Alton, just a day earlier and saw mainly the same species. The biggest surprise
was a Black Hawk perched just off the Weeping Rock bus stop in Zion's. It eventually flew
and soared higher and higher until it left the canyon in the direction of cable mountain.
The Painted Redstart was easily located since it never stopped singing.

We also found 1 Costa's H'bird at Lytle. It was working the brush to the right of the road
just past the picnic table.

I was surprised that we didn't really see anything else out of the ordinary. We got a lot of
great kettles of warblers, but they just had the regulars.

Bryan Shirley