Re: re - Mandarin Duck - personal preference

My last post was a little short, so here goes another.  On
the note of Pink Flowd being wild for 14 years and being
able to survive on its own and move around teh western part
of the nation.  That is all fine and dandy, but it is a
singel escaped bird, non mating.  There will never be a pair
unless one is released to be this birds companion.  I have
been biring in Utah for over 8 years and had 3 sightings of
Pink Floyd, and sorry folks, its not on my list, its not on
the AOU list, and I am guessing most major lists.  I
consider myslef a pretty serious bird watcher and my list
has been scraped back in recent years as my knowledge and
abilities convinced me of which sightings were viable.  Then
there are other birders who aren't as serious in to it and
that is fine, and counting everyhthing seen including a
"wild" Mandarin Duck in Utah!!!  Another note, Mandarin Duck
has no accepted NorthAmerican records.  In any event, I
would have to say ti would be very exciting walking along
Parley's Creek and having a Pari of Mandarin Duck's Swim out
form the bank, and I would enjoy as I do the sight of any
bird.  As for my list I would have to pass it up and
conclude it was at one time captive and really doesn't have
the chance for long term status, or ever being counted by
the AOU as a wild species.

Birding respectively...

Tim Avery
Salt Lake City, UT or Beloit, WI