re - Mandarin Duck - personal preference

Hi,

An interesting discussion. I had not considered putting the Mandarin Duck on my list, but if it has been breeding since the 70's I may go look for one.

The chances of me ever seeing a Mandarin Duck or Chilean Flamingo in their natural range is between slim and none. Pink Floyd is on my list because of him surviving for 14+ years in the wild. If I were ever to submit my life or year list for some consideration, I would remove him.

A bigger question for me is would you count a California Condor? They are almost certainly captive releases. Just because they are released on purpose does this make any difference? I would still drive to St. George to see one.

Jack Binch