Bridgerland Audubon Society (BAS)

Hi all

I don't usually do this sort of thing, but my wife is upset, and when she's upset, I am upset, too.

As most of you know, we moved to the Cache Valley area at the end of January.  We soon learned the local Audubon chapter was located in Logan, so we decided that we'd go to the March meeting (as we weren't on the internet until mid-February, so we didn't know the meeting date in February), and we would pay our dues and join then.

So, we attended the March meeting and paid our dues.  Now, here comes the difficult part.  We expected to receive their newsletter every month, but so far, we've not received a single issue.  I know this probably isn't the place to bring this up, but I don't know where else to turn.  We've contacted the president of BAS, but that hasn't helped expedite us getting the newsletter.

The reason we want to receive their newsletter is because we would like to keep up with events of the BAS.  We've had to rely on their web site, which generally hasn't been up to date.  I've contacted the web master for the BAS and offered to help in an effort to keep the information there more current.  It seems to me that people need more than a week's notice to be able to plan/attend birding outings.  Also, the more in advance people know about an event, the greater the turnout will be to the event.

I was asked by someone if I was interested in being a member of the Board of Directors of the BAS.  I told the person that asked me that I was.  The problem is, I didn't realize that elections were coming up soon, and so my name isn't on the ballot.  I would really welcome the opportunity to be on the BAS Board of Directors, as one of the things that I would do would be to see to it that problems like I described above would be eliminated.  All it takes is one or two unhappy individuals to make it difficult for an organization.

Those of you on this list that are fellow BAS members please accept my apology in advance.  This isn't directed at anyone in particular.  I understand that most of you wear more than one hat, as I do.  I know that many of you work, as I do myself, and that your plate is probably full, and that you do stuff for the BAS when you have the time.  This email is more of an offer of my help to make BAS better than it is a criticism of the organization.  As I said, I would welcome the opportunity to be on the Board of Directors and I would appreciate you writing in my name as one of the four names you pick for the Board.

Unfortunately, I won't be attending the BAS dinner next Thursday, as I just found out its location and time today (we just saw the April issue of the Stilt today at the Stokes Nature Center in Logan), and we'd already made other plans.

I thank you all in advance for putting up with my complaints.  I think they are mostly positive, however, as I more than willing to help make the BAS be a better organization.

Good birding,
Richard