Here a lek, there a lek, everywhere a lek lek lek?

Hi all:

Well, maybe I fell off the apple cart yesterday and just don't seem to be up on all the hip jargon and abbreviations.

Given that, what in the world is a "lek"?  I mean, how would I know if I wanted to go to a Sage Grouse lek in Carbon County anyway?

Let's see, Google define: returns a definition of "the basic unit of money in Albania." (As defined by WordNet, a lexical database for the English language, Cognitive Science Laboratory, Princeton University.)  Given the context, that is surely not what "lek" refers to in this forum.

(If you didn't know, go to "Google.com" type in "define:" and the word or phrase in question, and it will return all sorts of nifty information.  Pretty neat trick.)

Would any of you be so brave as to post an answer to BirdTalk, and not just send it to me personally?  That way the others of us who don't know can learn what it means and get that much more from the next post mentioning a "lek."  I know not all of you know what a lek is, even if you'd rather not admit it. Just like in a class-room setting, students are admonished that if they don't understand something, someone else likely does not understand either, so ask the question, don't be shy, you might just learn something.  I'm sure I'm not the only one in class that does not know.

Happy Birding,

Matthew.