Matt's Dippers

I made a quick sorte to Big Cottonwood Canyon this
morning seeking out the dippers that Matt reported a
couple of days ago.  Using my vast amounts of skill,
awareness, and stealth, I was able to locate 2 dippers
in the stream.  Well, OK, I found them from pure, dumb
luck!!
I observed them for several minutes and enjoyed
watching the body bobbing and eye blinking display
that they put on.  One of the 2 birds was quite busy
gathering nesting material, and would fly with the
twigs to a rocky ledge, but I was not able to see
where it was building the nest.
The location where I found this pair is as follows:
four tenths of a mile above the bridge at Storm
Mountain is a place where there are 2 power poles near
the road on the north side of the highway.  This is a
good place to park.  Across the road from this
location is a small wooden sign (blank) that is
probably 1 1/2' X 2'.  Directly behind this sign and
slightly to the west is where I saw the 2 dippers.

=====
Ain't Birding Great!!!
Bruce Robinson
272 Utah Life Birds and Counting!!!