Birding in Logan, 3/2/2004

Hi all

Jill and I went birding in Logan yesterday afternoon, in particular to look for the Varied Thrush in the canal near the golf course.  Well, we found him, in fact, we think we saw two males in the area.  We also had many Dark-eyed Juncos, American Robins and a couple of Song Sparrows, all playing in the water.

From there, we went to the Logan Dam, where we had both Barrow's and Common Goldeneyes, Mallards, Lesser Scaup and a couple of American Coots.

After that, we hit the Stokes Nature Center, where we had Black-capped Chickadees, several Golden-crowned Kinglets close enough to touch, and a couple of American Dippers in the stream.