Ketchum

     Larry Tripp, Bob Bradley, Tony Jones and I went up to Ketchum for the Hawk Owl today.  The bird was perched on the first evergreen on the right side after you turn onto Highlands from Elkhorn.  We watched on and off for a few of hours from about 9 to about 1.
      We also went up Juniper Road which is off Elkhorn also.  We saw a huge group of Rosy Finches about half way up the road. There were both Black and Gray Crowned.  At the end of the road where it becomes private.  There were over 100 Redpolls and more Rosy Finches, They were working a feeder in the backyard of the last house before the road becomes private.  There were at least two Hoary Redpolls in the flock and probably more.
      We also saw a couple of Cedar Waxwings at Mcdonalds.
      It was a long drive, but well worth it.  It was a gorgeous day, but very cold.
                                          DANA GREEN