Common Moorhen

     Today at Powell Slough I saw a Common Moohen. It was located at the access area from University Parkway in Orem, Utah County. It was in the open water below the pond. It was on the south side of the pond. Also there were 18 Canvasbacks on the pond behind the Orem Waste Water Treatment Plant. I saw a total of 25 species at Powell Slough today, and can I just mention that there isn't a more scary feeling then when you almost step on a pheasant and it takes off in flight. Almost gives me a heart attack everytime.

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?