UCB Field Trip Report

Utah County Birders Field Trip Report

Our field trip started at 8 AM with 14 birders and the Harris's Sparrow at the silage pit and ended around 2 PM with 5 birders and the Eurasian Wigion at Riverside Country Club.
Other birds of interest along the way included:
Ferruginous Hawks, Rough-legged Hawks and Great Horned Owls in Mona Valley.
PB Grebe, Redheads, Ring-necked Duck, W Meadowlarks, Northern Harriers and a Belted Kingfisher at Burriston Ponds.
Canvasbacks, Wood Duck and Ruddy Duck at Salem Pond.
Lewis's Woodpeckers in Woodland Hills.
Common Merganser and Snow Goose at East Bay.

We ended the trip with more than 50 species and I think everyone had an enjoyable time. The air was even fairly clear.

I'd like to thank everyone who participated. Our next Field Trip is on Feb. 14th. Destination to be announced.

Eric Huish Pleasant Grove UT poorwill_@hotmail.com 801-360-8777