Re: barn owl troubles

Betsy,

when I visited Antelope Island yesterday I stopped at the Visitor's Center and
chatted with ranger for a while. He mentioned that they found one of the Garr
ranch barn owls dead the other day. If this is wide-spread, it seems unlikely
to be attributable to a single source of poisons or toxins, or to a lone act of
malicious mischief. Is it possible that an avian epidemic or cold stress is
responsible? Do you - or any of the rest of you - have any sense of which
cites/counties have been affected? Have any of you seen anything like this
before?

Lu Giddings