WINTER BIRD FESTIVAL

Come to St. George for the Winter Bird Festival January 23rd and 24th

There is variety and habitat unique in Utah to the Washington County Area. Come explore and learn more about the area and enjoy a day of winter birding.
The festival will also be the premier of the new Washington County Checklist
Friday the 23rd enjoy the workshops listed below at the
Tonaquint Nature Center, 1851 S Dixie Drive.
Afterwards there will be a dinner and social with live music.
Cost for the dinner/social is $5.00 per person.

Workshop Schedule

      2:00 - 2:45
     Birdwatching 101
     Landscaping for Wildlife
     Feeding Birds: Feeders and Seed
     Slide Show: Birds and Habitats of Washington County

      2:50 - 3:35
     Birdwatching 101
     Landscaping for Wildlife
     Feeding Birds: Feeders and Seed
     Slide Show: Birds and Habitats of Washington County

      3:40 - 4:25
     Birdwatching 101
     Landscaping for Wildlife
     Feeding Birds: Feeders and Seed
     Slide Show: Birds and Habitats of Washington County

      4:30 - 5:15
     Birdwatching 101
     Landscaping for Wildlife
     Feeding Birds: Feeders and Seed
     Slide Show: Birds and Habitats of Washington County

Friday Night Dinner Social Registration Form

Mail, Fax or Bring Registration Form with Payment to:

St. George Recreation Center
BLM Visitor Center
285 S 400 E
345 E Riverside Driv
ST. George, UT 84770
Phone # 435/634-5860
Phone # 435/688-3278
Fax # 435/634-5911

On-Line Registration www.activityreg.com

Follow links to "UT", "St. George Recreation Center", "Programs", "Tonaquint Nature Center"

Name:________________________________________________________________

Address:______________________________ City: ______________ State: ______ Zip: ___________

Home Phone: _________________________ Work Phone: ___________________________________

Check payment method: $5.00/person

&Cash &Check (please make payable to St. George City or A.S.I.A.)

&Visa &MasterCard

Name on Check or Credit Card: (please print)___________________________________

Credit Card #: __________________________________Exp. Date: ________________

Signature: _____________________________________

I, the undersigned, acting for myself or as a parent or guardian, do hereby agree to (allow) participate(tion) in the aformentioned activity(ies) and further agree to indeminfy and hold harmless the City of St. George, its agents, festival sponsors and employees from all harm, accidents, personal injury or property damage suffered by the afformentioned individual(s) arising out of, or in anyway connected with participation in this activity. I also give my permission to St. George City, governmental sponorship agencies and its assigness to reproduce or use my image without cost or reimbursement on video, photographs or any other media for promotion of the City*s programs and facilities.

___________________________________ ________________

Signature of Participant Date

In the event of inclement weather, the workshops will be held at the St. George Arts Building, social in the St. George Opera House

Saturday morning the 24th the following field trips will be held

Springs Park Bid Blind - 8:00a.m. - 10:00a.m.

The Spring Park Pond, off 1450 & Springs Park DR., is a great place to start the day. Stop in at your leisure, see the waterfowl on the pond, and take a short walk on an unimproved path to the blind on the marsh.

Guides: Charlie Sheard and Bill Hunter

Virgin River Stroll - 9:00a.m. - 10:30a.m.
Meet at 9:00a.m at the City of St. George Confluence Park parking lot, 1900 S Convention Center Drive. Take a stroll along the Virgin and Santa Clara Rivers and visit birds that winter right in the center of town. We will walk a portion of the trail system that runs through the area.

Guide: Don & JoAnne Weldon

Washington Fields Raptors - 9:00a.m - 10:30
Take a driving tour of the Washington Fields, a wintering spot for many raptors. Learn what raptors frequent the area and how to identify them. Meet at the Riverside Trailhead parking lot, 1036 E Riverside Drive. Participants will provide their own transportation.

Guide: Cordell Peterson & Judy Jordon

Sand Hollow/ Quail Creek Tour - 9:00 a.m. - noon
Visit the "waterholes" of Washington County, including two local State Parks. These provide winter homes or stopovers for thousands of ducks, geese, and other water-loving birds. Participants will provide their own transportation; fees for the state parks will be waived. Meet at Quail Creek State Park, 3 miles E of 1-15 Hurricane exit on state Rt. 9.

Guide: Rick Fridell

Mathis Park - 11:00a.m. -Noon
Stop into Mathis Park, S Dixie Drive across from Sunbrook golf course, and explore the Santa Clara River riparian corridor along improved and unimproved trails. Exciting vagrants are sometimes found in the cottonwood and willow trees along the river.

Guide: Charles Odd & Dale & Barbara Paape

Family activities will also be held in the Tonaquint Nature Center

Saturday the 24th

9:00a.m - bird feeder craft $2.00/ participant

10:00 - Bird Origami $1.00/participant

11:00 - Flying High Kite Kit $3.00/participant

COME SEE WHAT IS WINTERING IN WASHINGTON COUNTY