Snow Bunting

Hi,

I made a short birding trip today. I had to have a hummingbird on my January list. As just reported the female Anna's is still going strong. She was buzzing around like it was summer.

Next I went to Antelope Island Causeway to start my search for the reported Snow Buntings. Much to my surprise and delight they do exist. The Horned Larks have bunched up into a couple of large flocks and when you find them, you will probably find the buntings. The orange beak really stands out. I don't know why I wasn't able to find one the last two years.

On my way home I also stopped by the Jordan River Parkway at 2400 So. to get a Barrow's Goldeneye for my puny new list. There are quite a few there.

Jack