two Sharp-shinned Hawks

Is it common to see two Sharp-shinned Hawks hanging out together? Two hunted
in my yard for about 1 1/2 hours this morning. The much larger female was
definitely an adult (red eye) . She sat patiently in various places waiting
for prey to appear. She was eventually successful, when a sparrow(?)
ventured to the edge of a juniper bush. But, three times in that time
period, a much smaller Sharpie flew directly toward her, landing nearby. She
ignored him. I never was able to get a good look at this smaller one, but
thought it had a streaked breast. Do juveniles ever stay close to a parent
this late in the year? What an exciting birding adventure in the warmth of
my kitchen! Thanks for any help you can provide.
Deedee O'Brien