Antelope Island Causeway

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...but it wasn't too bad on Antelope Island Causeway from 2:00 until 5:00 today.  Here's what I saw:

10 Long-tailed Ducks:  Several were sprinkled along the north side of the causeway from about mm 1 to the bridge, and I found 6 at the marina.  All the males have lost their long tails and one's face pattern was reminiscent of spring plumage.
Common Goldeneyes - Loads
Barrow's Goldeneye:  1 female, on the north side of the bridge between mm 0 and 1 and keeping to the edge of a raft of Commons
Buffleheads - Loads
Eared Grebes:  NOT ONE!  Where'd they go?
Northern Shovelers - a handful
Ruddy Ducks - a handful
Scaup spp:  1, very far out
Ring-billed Gulls
Horned Larks
Loggerhead Shrike - 1, west of the bridge
American Kestrel
Ring-necked Pheasant:  a hen along the road near the kiosk.  She had a piece of turquoise trash stuck on her face that looked like a square piece of plastic used to close up a bread bag.  She was quite disoriented and could hardly see around it.
Western Meadowlarks
American Tree Sparrows: about a half dozen, feeding on rabbit brush along the road northeast of the Visitor's Center
Common Raven
American Magpie
Killdeer
European Starlings
And the most bizarre sighting of the day, a Common Snipe standing in slushy tire track in the west-bound lane at 4:50 pm at approximately mm 6.  The snipe stayed put when I pulled up next to him/her in the opposite lane.  I was finally chased away by sunset and watched the snipe turn into a dot in my side mirror as I pulled away.

Kris