Listing and Sighting Records

The Records Committee is starting a new tradition.  We'd like to put
out a committee report that corresponds, as much as possible, with the
records for one year (this is made possible by our efficient internet
system -- we should have all the records for 2003 reviewed within a few
days after the beginning of the new year).  If anyone has records for
2003 they'd like to submit, you can do it easily and quickly using the
internet form on the following webpage:

http://utahbirds.org/RecCom/index.html
(click on "on-line submission form"

Also, since we're at the end of another year (in a few days), it's time
for all those who keep lists to send in your numbers.  You can use the
internet forms or just send in an e-mail to me if you like.  The forms
can be found at the following address:

http://utahbirds.org/records/index.html

By the way, there are some interesting numbers coming in for this year.
   "Dixie Willy" has 311 species on his life list for Washington Co. --
a new record.  There are at least 4 birders who will break 300 species
for a Utah Big Year!! -- an amazing accomplishment.  Whether your
numbers are large or small, it's interesting to see what the birders
around the state have been up to -- your participation is much
appreciated.

It's been a great year of birding in Utah -- who know what birds and
birding adventure 2004 with bring?!?!

Happy New Year!
Milton Moody
Utah Bird Records Committee Secretary