Roadrunner in Garfield County

E-mail from Gail Pollock in Garfield County

A Greater Roadrunner was observed by me on several occasions, between 3 October 2001 and 21 October 2003, at the west end of Tropic, Garfield County Utah. I know that Roadrunners are rather common in the lower elevations of Washington County and perhaps uncommonly sighted along the Utah/Arizona border. I think this bird was near the northern edge of its range and at an unusually high elevation. The elevation at the west end of Tropic town would be very close to 6,350 feet above sea level. I know that several other townfolk also sighted this bird and it was talked about. I have seen many roadrunners in Arizona, New Mexico and South Texas.

H. Gail Pollock, P.O. Box 73 Tropic, UT 84776