Antelope Island, etc.

Seems like Antelope Island was the place to be today, along with Farmington
Bay.
I just wanted to add that we saw a Say's phoebe at the second restroom past
the cut-off to the visitors center on Antelope Island.  It was perching on
the buildings, parking signs and taller bushes.  We took some pictures but
left when a shrike started chasing the phoebe.
We also saw lots of bucks and does at Garr Ranch along with a merlin,
prairie falcon, mountain chickadee, and hermit thrush.
Not far from Garr Ranch we spotted a blue bird.  It's mate was orange on
the front.  They both moved so fast up the hillside we were unable to
identify the species--possibly lazuli buntings or mountain bluebirds.
On the way off the island along the causeway were long-billed curlews,
killdeer, grebes, pipits, and three black-bellied plovers.
Also, at Decker lake in Salt Lake valley there was a great blue heron and
a group of greater white-fronted geese.
Carol Davis