Fwd: 10-31-03

Birdnet Email -- from the website

----Original Message Follows----
It was submitted by Julie

Subject: Fri., 10-31-03

Message: Pomera, Kent and I birded around East Canyon, Willard Bay, and Antelope Causeway yesterday. East Canyon Reservoir: road up from SLC snowy, snowing and COLD at the reservoir. Best sighting was about 100 Snow Geese flying over several times--our own personal "Winged Migration"! Common Loon, Eared Grebe, and Hooded Merganser (male) were the sightings. Willard Bay campground was not too active--chickadees, kinglets, and white-crowneds, Antelope Causeway: lots of Avocets, Eared Grebes, and a beautiful Horned Grebe close to the bridge near the island. We were hoping for Pacific Loon or Red-necked Grebe but no luck.

Good birding y'all,
Julie