ESPN Great Outdoors Radio Interview of Bill Fenimore

The e-mail below was sent today.  So that you can view it, certain segments have been deleted:

I am happy to report that Tommy Sanders, host of the ESPN Great Outdoors Radio Show interviewed me today for a segment that will air throughout the nation this Saturday, October 25th.  Locally, it will air on KJQS 1230 AM, the ESPN Radio affiliate in the Salt Lake City area at 8 a.m. MST.

The interview covered birding and the fact that many hunters are birders and avid outdoors people with many facets in their enjoyment of nature and wildlife.  This included a discussion of conservation and the need for the Watchable Wildlife Segment of the country to help fund habitat conservation for wildlife which has historically be done by the hunting and fishing fraternity.  For example, hunters have contributed over $657 million since 1934 through the purchase of the Migratory Hunting and Conservation Stamp, commonly known as the "Duck Stamp."  This money has been used to purchase 5 million acres of wetlands (source:  U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service report:  2001 National Survey of Fishing, Hunting, and Wildlife-Associated recreation).

Tommy was gracious in mentioning the (this section deleted) and the location that I started in (this section deleted) two years ago.  I hope that you have an opportunity to hear the program and enjoy it.  More importantly, I hope that you will become active in working toward habitat conservation and funding the Division of Wildlife Resources here in Utah (buy a fishing or hunting license and a "Duck Stamp") or in the state where you reside.

Regards,

Bill Fenimore
(this section deleted)
1860 North 1000 West