"New" birding places

We've received and posted writeups for several "new" birding places in Utah.  Kris Purdy sent in a nice one on the Powder Mountain ski area which you can check out at the following address:

http://utahbirds.org/counties/weber/locations.htm#PowderMountain

Kris also sent in one earlier on Whites Valley which is posted along with a photo at:

http://utahbirds.org/counties/boxelder/WhitesValley.htm

You might have read about Bruce Robinson's trip to Sanpete County.  He wrote up some directions for Maple Canyon which are posted at:

http://utahbirds.org/counties/sanpete/locations.htm#MapleCanyon

If you have some favorite birding places that aren't listed on the website (or if you have some better directions, descriptions or bird lists for places we already have), please send in directions on how to get there and if possible, special instructions on how to bird the place, description of habit, etc., and what birds you might see.  Our "Places to Bird" section is developing into a pretty good resource for the birders of the state.

Thanks,
Utah Birds Website