Merlin and butterflies on airport dike

I went around the Provo Airport Dike this morning. There was a Merlin at the Eastern end as you come to the first bend in the road. There was also lots of sparrows in the area including Lincoln's, White-crowned and Chipping. But the best part was the Butterflies. If anyone is interested in butterflies you may want to check out the area. It must be peak migration and all the Rabbit brush is in full bloom. There were dozens of Monarchs and Queens. They were everywhere especially along the Eastern edge of the dike. There was also lots of Painted Ladies, Purplish Coppers, Hoary Commas, Mourning Cloak, Western Pygmy-Blues, Checkered White, Cabbage White, Clouded Sulphur, and several Crescents and Skippers I didn't identify.

Eric Huish
Pleasant Grove UT
poorwill_@hotmail.com
801-360-8777