North Arm of Pineview

On Sunday we went to the North Arm of Pineview Reservoir and if we hadn't
seen a bird all day it would have been worth the drive just to see the
beautiful fall colors.
We saw downy woodpeckers, Lincoln's sparrows, white-crowned sparrows,
goldfinches, and house finches feeding on the weeds around the parking area
and along the loop trail we saw flickers, spotted towhees, and song
sparrows.  The only warblers we saw all day were yellow-rumped in the trees
by the monastery. Also in the valley we saw turkey vultures, red-tails, a
red-naped sapsucker, and a western tanager.
On the way home we stopped by Antelope Island and saw four long-billed
curlews, grebes, lots of horned larks, and sage thrashers along the
causeway. There were three predators scouring the burrowing owl and chukar
area--a coyote, a kestrel and a northern harrier.
It was a great day for taking pictures of birds and gorgeous scenery.
Carol Davis